Archaeology Study On Burgess Park/Standard Tube Parks To Be Delayed

An archaeological dig that is to have taken place over the winter months at Standard Tube and Burgess Parks has now been postponed due to a number of factors,most of them to do with inclement weather.
The phase three study that was to be conducted on the site this fall has been delayed after reports of a native burial ground in the area surfaced.
The study will resume in the spring after the location of the burial site is determined, and the weather clears.
Council will still make it’s decision on the future of the parks on December 13, 2007 no matter what new evidence arises.

One Comment

  1. Anonymous
    Posted November 29, 2007 at 3:48 pm | Permalink

    “no matter what new evidence arises”

    So, what you’re saying is that even if they find bones or anything onsite, they might still vote to develope it into a golf course despite that?

    Disgraceful, tasteless, narrow minded.
    Those are a few words I can think of.

Post a Comment

Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: